1 minute each side
1.5 minutes each side
2 minutes each side
2.5 minutes each side
2.5-3 minutes each side
How to cook the perfect steak
Want to know how to cook the perfect steak for that special someone? Look no further than our easy to follow guide.
This method works well with various steak cuts, but for an absolute special occasion, you simply cannot beat a beautiful, melt-in-the-mouth fillet steak.
- Step 1: Allow the steak to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes before cooking.
- Step 2: Lightly cover the steak in olive oil and season well with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Step 3: Place a pan or griddle over a high heat and wait until smoking hot before adding the steak. This can be done when the steak is resting at room temperature.
- Step 4: Do not cook more than two steaks in the frying pan at any one time, this will reduce the heat of the pan and result in the steaks beginning to stew rather than fry.
- Step 5: Once the pan has been brought to heat, place the steak in the middle and fry two minutes before turning and cooking for a further two minutes to achieve the perfect medium-rare steak. (Cooking times can be found below)
- Step 6: Allow the steak to rest for around 3-5 minutes to let the juices relax back into the meat for optimum taste.
Feeling confident enough to give it a go?
Shop Online or Click & Collect
Now you’ve learned how to cook the perfect steak, it’s time to you can find our whole range of mouth-watering home-reared Galloway Beef Steaks here. Alternatively, keep an eye on our Themed Thursday Steak Nights and let us take care of the cooking for you!